Children’s Home Society of Washington – Key Peninsula Family Resource Center
Our mission is to develop healthy children, create strong families, build engaged communities, and speak and advocate for children.
Jud Morris, Pierce County Community Director
Children’s Home Society of Washington/Key Peninsula Family Resource Center provides a wide variety of services to people living on Key Peninsula and in Gig Harbor. We serve over 3,800 unduplicated people annually, 90% of whom live below the federal poverty line. We provide a wide vareity of services, including:
- Emergent needs assistance (utilities/rent/clothing);
- Home visiting;
- Affordable Care Act assistance;
- Family support services;
- Middle school student support group;
- Elementary school student mentoring/empowerment groups;
- High school student mentors;
- Preschool program;
- Holiday Helper;
- Summer day camp;
- Food stamps;
- Unemployment application assistance.
- Other general assistance, emergent intervention, information and referral.
Annual Budget: $50,001 - $250,000
Number of Employees: 6-15
Accepts Volunteers: Yes
Service Area: Key Peninsula
People Served Annually: 3,800