Gilda’s Club Seattle
The mission of Gildaâ€™s Club Seattle is to ensure that no one has to face cancer alone. Gildaâ€™s Club Seattle offers a program of educational, supportive, and community options for men, women, teens and children living with cancer along with their families and friends. Programs are offered in Seattle and throughout the State with collaborating partners in varied locations such as hospitals, community centers and schools. Services are provided free of charge eliminating financial barriers to participation.
Anna Gottlieb, MPA
• Educational Lectures/Symposia on cancer-related topics–in partnership with MultiCare
• Ongoing support/networking groups for cancer survivors, those who have lost a loved one to cancer, families living with cancer. Facilitated by social work professionals.
• Exercise/movement classes, creative expression, nutrition, cooking, community-building events for families.
• Cancer Education for Teensï¿½ï¿½”50-minute cancer prevention and health promotion presentations at 15 Pierce County high schools and available in an e-learning, on-line version for statewide distribution.
• Camp Sparkle summer camp for kids affected by cancerï¿½ï¿½”weeklong therapeutic and fun summer camp–at the STAR Center in Tacoma.
• Writing Contests for Tweens and Teens
Annual Budget: $500,001 - $1,000,000
Number of Employees: 6-15
Accepts Volunteers: Yes
Service Area: Tacoma
People Served Annually: 10,000