Youth Philanthropy Board
Greater Tacoma Community Foundation’s Youth Philanthropy Board (YPB) connects a diverse cohort of young people, ages 15-24 , with a passion for community to the skills and tools necessary to cultivate positive change.
Using personal lived experiences and skills acquired over the course of the nine-month program, YPB members support solutions for issues that matter to young people in their community.
- Focus on issues that matter to them in Pierce County
- Connect with local youth-serving organizations
- Build collaborative relationships with other young people in your community
- Develop skills in design-planning and facilitation
- Receive a stipend for their participation
- Receive a free meal at each meeting
To learn more about the Youth Philanthropy Board, contact GTCF Program Officer Janece Levien.
Youth Philanthropy Board News
GTCF Youth Philanthropy Board Engages in Dialogue Many Adults Won’t (January 9, 2020)
New Youth Philanthropy Board Excited to Work on Community Issues Together (November 14, 2019)
Partnering For Youth Voice: GTCF Youth Philanthropy Board (November 13, 2020)
2019-2020 Youth Philanthropy Board Offers Youth Voice and Youth Choice (September 11, 2019)