Youth Philanthropy Board
Greater Tacoma Community Foundation’s Youth Philanthropy Board (YPB) connects young people with a vision for strengthening their community to the skills and tools necessary to cultivate positive change.
The nine-month program gives 15 Pierce County youth between the ages of 15 and 24 the opportunity to participate in workshops focused on professional development to promote and elevate youth voice in Pierce County.
Designed to give youth the opportunity to play a role in providing resources that impact their community, the YPB equips members with community-building tools:
- Leadership Training
- Learning how youth service works in Pierce County
- Meeting with community leaders
- Visiting youth organizations that are working for a better community
- Collaborating with other Pierce County youth on innovative resource delivery to youth organizations
- Receiving reimbursement for all travel costs
To learn more about the Youth Philanthropy Board, contact GTCF Program Officer Janece Levien.