- This event has passed.
Art as Intervention
September 17 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$50
Who should attend this training: Anyone who wants to learn more about using art as an intervention tool for working with children and youth who have experienced trauma.
Description: This workshop provides participants with a basic knowledge of how to use art as an intervention tool when working with children and youth who have experienced trauma. Participants will receive concrete strategies and information for using art to enhance their work in meaningful ways, making art an accessible tool to add to their “toolbox” when working with children and youth in a variety of community settings.
• Why use art?
• Concrete examples of art interventions
• Strategies and techniques for facilitating art interventions
• Ideas for integrating art interventions into your work
• Suggestions for materials
• Resources for identifying art interventions
• Therapeutic benefits of art
• Ethical implications and responsibilities of using art as an intervention tool
• Terms and definitions
• To understand the purposes and advantages of using art when working with children and youth who have experienced trauma.
• To understand the key practical considerations involved in successfully using art as an intervention tool.
• To increase your knowledge of art interventions and to explore how you can integrate art into your work.
• To understand the ethical implications and responsibilities involved in using art as an intervention tool.
Got an event you’d like to include here? Log in or register to post your event on the community calendar.Add Events