Legacy Giving Can Transform the Future of Pierce County
In 2021, GTCF commissioned a Transfer of Wealth report that showed Pierce County has a household net worth of $269 Billion. Over the next 10 years, our community will see $48.6 Billion transfer from one generation to the next.
Soon after that report was released, Leave 10 South Sound launched. Leave 10 South Sound is an initiative created by local nonprofits, professional advisors, and individuals. It is designed to educate, encourage, and inspire people in the South Puget Sound region to leave at least 10% of their estates to charity.
GTCF supports the Leave 10 South Sound initiative as a free resource for planned giving. Individuals and organizations can take advantage of the site’s tools and knowledge to transform our community for generations to come.
In the past year, Leave 10 South Sound took many steps to raise awareness about engagement with the power of planned giving:
- building a diverse steering committee of dedicated professionals and developing a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility Statement to help guide the work
- conducting dozens of conversations with a diverse group of nonprofit professionals, professional advisors, and individuals to understand their perspectives and needs relative to planned giving and estate planning
- attracting a growing list of Leave 10 Nonprofit, Professional Advisor, and Individual Champions who have pledged their commitment to Leave 10 and serve as ambassadors in the community
- providing a robust set of tools and resources for Nonprofits, Professional Advisors, and Individuals to advance planned giving knowledge
- launching a free nonprofit webinar series based on the tools and resources found in the Nonprofit Planned Giving Toolkit
In addition to GTCF, Leave 10 South Sound is supported by talented and tireless volunteers, South Sound Community Foundation, Ben B. Cheney Foundation, MultiCare Foundation, and Cornerstone Financial Strategies.
Take advantage of the free resources and learn more about transforming the future of Pierce County through legacy giving at the Leave 10 South Sound website.
To learn more about building a philanthropic strategy that will support generations to come, contact a GTCF Philanthropic Advisor.
Don’t overlook estate planning as a key part of your financial health. Here are tips (Tacoma News Tribune, 10/5/22)