- This event has passed.
GTCF Planned Giving Workshop
November 3, 2016 @ 6:30 am - 8:30 amFree
This free education opportunity includes a complementary breakfast and features Scott Claeys, Gift Planning Consultant with KCTS 9 and Thompson & Associates along with Evelyn Ryberg, Director of Philanthropic Services, with Greater Tacoma Community Foundation.
7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Registration & Networking
8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Optional Q & A Session with Foundation Staff
What You’ll Learn
This informative workshop is a great event for development and gift officers, executive staff, finance officers, and board members. At the session you will gain insight on:
- The Transfer of Wealth Report for Pierce County and the huge potential for charitable giving in our community.
- The Leave 10 Initiative, which is designed to inspire and encourage individuals to leave at least 10% of their estate to charity.
- Building your planned giving program, or enhancing your existing program.
- Creative planned giving vehicles
- Stories about local donors and real-life examples of planned giving strategies.
About Scott Claeys, CAP, CRFE, FCEP
Scott has more than 30 years of nonprofit and corporate experience in large and small organizations from the arts, education and health care. He specializes in working with individuals to achieve their charitable goals.
Scott received his undergraduate degree in Economics from the University of Puget Sound. He received the financial designation of Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy (CAP) from The American College and also completed his Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation.
Scott volunteers his leadership to several nonprofit boards including Leave10, China Partners Network and South Sound Planned Giving Council.
For More Information
Call 253.383.5622 or email